:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

It could still be the original delorean that doc loaned from himself without asking (know his younger self wasn't using it at the time).

Or he could of found the time train to conspicuous so he converted another delorean (its prob easier to park as well :roll::) ).

I think James Rolfe has the perfect explanation - taken from his nightmare on elm street review

I think I may actually have an explanation for that, you see, in Nightmare part II...........nah they just f**ked up

but they didn't f**k up. IT'S NOT THE SAME DELOREAN!!!!

It is not the BTTF2 delorean.

It is not the BTTF3 delorean.

It is not the BTTF3 RR delorean.

IT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL!!!

As soon as I saw the trailer I knew the license plate was gonna be sticking point with you guys.

Here's something to consider though: If Doc did replace the plate then why hasn't it come off again, the Delorean has clearly just arrived from some place in time (presumably the 30s).

I think it's just down to aesthetics. the license plate itself is iconic so why not use it, forget about logic. You might as well ask why Marty appears to have one set of clothes.

Official: I just bought the game. Waiting for the release.

I'm sorry Mike, but unless you have proof that this is the original Delorean, you can't rule out that this is a new Delorean that has an outatime plate rather than the barcode one. There is no evidence to support that this is a clone of the original, which is highly possible since Doc made it himself, or if it was the old Delorean, which I reason would cause a paradox, but then again, bttf never had perfect time travelling logic.

Personally, I like that it uses that plate, as it was rather iconic, as is much of what we see. It seems more about nostalgia for fans who play the games. Like, I'd like to play as Marty in the clothes I associate him with, rather than a brand new outfit.

but they didn't f**k up. IT'S NOT THE SAME DELOREAN!!!!

It is not the BTTF2 delorean.

It is not the BTTF3 delorean.

It is not the BTTF3 RR delorean.

IT IS NOT THE ORIGINAL!!!

The plate is still made of steel, ergo, should not be there post time travel.

I get what Liam is saying about the plate being iconic, but surely the barcode plate is just as recognisable? And it's obviously been to the 2015 era as it has Mr Fusion.

I just have high expectations.

To tell you the truth, I never noticed the barcode license plate until many years later, when I started seriously working on the mod.

And do you know what you're saying? A steel plate won't time travel when its attached to a stainless steel car that also has many components on it that are not steel.

We still do not know the circumstances in why the original Delorean got the barcode plate It could have been Doc was living there for a while, and decided to get a plate so he wouldn't be flagged by cops.

Second time, maybe he only hopped there for a hover conversion, then went back to the past, so he didn't fill out an application for a new license plate, because that plate would be rather pointless in a time before hover cars.

Doc could have recovered Mr Fusion from the destroyed delorean. as for the license plate, the bar code one is steel too. He may have solved the issue associated with it as the bar code remains in place as well.

And do you know what you're saying? A steel plate won't time travel when its attached to a stainless steel car that also has many components on it that are not steel.

:rolleyes: Why'd it fall off then in the first movie then? (I don't buy loose screws)

@DK, the fusion unit looked trashed at the end of the third film.

I really can't be arsed arguing the point - personally I just had hopes that they would have these kinds of details correct. End of.

Because American license plates are made of aluminum.

Raw Materials

The raw materials used to make license plates include sheets of aluminum, preprinted and colored reflective and adhesive sheeting, and paint. The aluminum blanks are usually precut to size by metal manufacturers and supplied in this form to correctional institutions or other plate makers.

Decals for annual registration renewals, county designations, or other uses are made by specialty printers on reflective sheeting much like that used to cover the license plates themselves.

Read more: How license plate is made - material, manufacture, making, history, used, dimensions, industry, History, Raw Materials, Design, The Manufacturing Process of license plate, Quality Control http://www.madehow.com/Volume-5/License-Pl...l#ixzz174V4cMYn

I do agree with you that Mr. Fusion would not be salvageable, but I see no argument in favor of why there should be a barcode license plate.

it's obviously because they wanted it to cause it was cool OR it possibly fell off because the wormhole closed around the license plate knocking it off the car which doc later fixed OR:

It was loose screws :P

Either way, your argument holds no water as the delorean with the Bar Code License Plate was destroyed and there's really no reason to have it on this one just because it has Mr. Fusion. Doc could have decided to leave the OUTATIME plate on it due to security reasons being in a time period (before 2015) with the previous style plates.

AND don't go making assumptions on why he didn't put it back on in 1985, BECAUSE he appeared and then they went straight back to 2015.

I would agree with Mike about the details....if we had concrete proof that this is the original, but we do not have concrete proof that it is. Without knowing any backstory, you can't make any assumptions about the details of the time machine.

I would agree with Mike too if there was, but it obviously isn't cause it was destroyed in Part 3 and this game is 6 months after the fact.

And another thing, Mr Fusion could of been something he replicated in 2015 to power the time circuits and what not instead of the fuel system. He could of easily recreated it on this new delorean.

I do like that George McFly makes an appearance.

Also, seeing the interior of the garage from a different angle was interesting. But why does doc have his model of Hill Valley when that wasn't in 1985 and only 1955. And don't tell me he saved it because it would have been a waste of much needed space to do his experiments.

Edited by Joe Statler

He prob knocked it again with his elbow :P

I still think the Outatime plates looks better than the barcode and is a lot more recognizable to bttf franchise.

Blue is right until the games out or solid proof on their website we won't know about the story about this delorean. Chances are Doc converted another one went to the future blah blah blah... We'll wait and see.

I say it's new, since it looks a bit cleaner on the inside. Maybe even improved in some way.

Shouldn't have the OUTATIME plate with the Mr Fusion though :P

At Universal Studios Florida the DeLorean parked outside stage 44 has the "OUTATIME" plate with the Mr. Fusion.

i think in the game it will tell us if its a new delorean or not at some point besides Marty only knew how to drive the delorean not the time train so im pretty sure that's one reason they brought back a delorean not only that but there are a bunch of delorean fans ^_^

Edited by Doc-Holliday-

I think that the license plate is going to change during the game :

DeLoreanTellTale.png

On this pic ( from Telltale's site ) , you can see the "Bar code" license plate ... Maybe that they changed it during the dev. of the game , I don't know ...

I like this trailer :P , I just hope that this game will be available in France :o

( I don't know if this game will have new musics , that can be interesting ... )

Edited by Microman