:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

Dude, if your a collector it doesn't matter if it sucks or not (except you may be p**sed about the price you paid for it).

Is this really going to be download only? Then does that mean they're not making any hard-copies of the game (ie: PC-DVD)?

Edited by Joe Statler

Dude, if your a collector it doesn't matter if it sucks or not (except you may be p**sed about the price you paid for it).

I think I'm glad I'm not such a rabid collector then. I'm more of a fan of moderation; just because you like something doesn't mean you have to buy EVERYTHING of it that exists.

The fact that games like that even existed is what drew me so much to this mod. It's like, I only wanted to just drive the damn car and do stuff and apparently, that was just too hard to do in games.

Even in the decent Super Back to the Future II (Japanese), it was a good game, but you couldn't drive the car. The car is the most important object in the entire trilogy. So, when I first saw posts of this mod, I couldn't wait to play it. Even just driving around is more than I could have hoped.

Is this really going to be download only? Then does that mean they're not making any hard-copies of the game (ie: PC-DVD)?

According to their F.A.Q. a DVD version will be made once the whole episodes are done. You can then order it for the costs of the shipping.

you'll notice icons for PC, Mac, PSN, and Ipad.

Irony...

Why dont they not sell it at local game stores? I thing that an lot more poeple would buy it then

Also, allow me to elaborate why this is an irony, three of the most dissed platforms of the past 5 years made it to the list. Well, it's a yay to me, I always preferred PS3 to X360. Aaand the obvious preference in other computing.

I'm not understanding, In a episode is there one mission or a bunch, plus the one where you buy all 5 at once, do you have to wait for all 5 to be released then you can buy it?

Edit: YAH MY 500TH POST IM EINSTEIN

Edited by TheCoolest2

Back to the future never had missions. That's something exclusive to this mod because of it's inescapable gta roots. The mission structure of gta is not the only way you can do gameplay.

Look 2 posts up.

Also we are talking about the telltale episodes, which is an adventure game and not a free roam. Those are more linear in nature then your typical free roam game and would not need a mission structure. What gta does is irrelevant to a non-gta genre game made by a non-r* company

And I disagree with the mission structure being the only way to do a free roam game. Minecraft is a perfect example of that.

Im not understanding whats in each episode, and will the 5 episode one be released after all the episodes are made or released on Dec 12, is one episode containing a lot of things?

That's good that you don't know. Means telltale is doing a good job at keeping it under wraps. Like how other games are.

...will the 5 episode one be released after all the episodes are made or released on Dec 12...

I think the five episodes may be released every several months over a 2 or 3 year period. Remember, telltale made a multi-year deal with Universal. So you may have to wait awhile to get the pentology.

Edited by Joe Statler

I'm not understanding, In a episode is there one mission or a bunch, plus the one where you buy all 5 at once, do you have to wait for all 5 to be released then you can buy it?

Edit: YAH MY 500TH POST IM EINSTEIN

I always thought you were a b**ch oh wait einstein is a boy... damnit!

oh yeah, the design is great and like you, helps in keeping things in track. Its just wrong to suggest it being the ONLY way of doing it that wouldn't be confusing.

Im not understanding whats in each episode, and will the 5 episode one be released after all the episodes are made or released on Dec 12, is one episode containing a lot of things?

What are episodic games?

Telltale's episodic games are a series of 3-4 hour, story-driven games that are released online on a regular schedule. The episodes usually have self-contained stories, but they're part of a greater, season-wide arc that becomes apparent as you play the episodes. As with a favorite TV show, the more you play, the more familiar you'll become with the characters and the overarching story.