:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

Oops I accidently just bought it :) downloading now :D

Edited by Dave27

Duplicated by the lightning strike, gee that's sure convenient, I must admit, I don't like that explanation at all.
well Mike there were two time travels that night the delorean hovering and the 1985 Marty from 1955 trying to get back to 1985 with the lightning strike at the clock tower so maby the that's how it caused a rift in the space-time continuum? also both time travels were very close together first Doc gets struck by lightning then clock tower Marty time travels a few minutes later...

Hmmm. The 1930's courthouse doesn't have any gargoyles. Cheating, lazy, clever b*stards.

I'm surprised they didn't just pull a bill and ted duplication explanation. Technically the 3 movies would of ended in 5 mins, if that was allowed lol.

I'm going to stop following this thread because you guys are giving out too many spoilers. And the "spoiler" button doesn't help because I feel compelled to push it.

DK, from what I gathered, Doc learned about the DeLorean at a later date, went back in order to pick it up as early as possible, as well as to prevent Griff from getting his hands on it.

And I don't get why people don't like this explanation. It's well within the realm of possibility in a fictional time travel movie. Plus, the lightning bolt was referred to give the car a "gigawatt overload" so duplication isn't out of the question. And since the car was sent 70 years both backwards and forwards, there's a kind of symmetry there. Also, yes it would have had the damaged time circuits, but it was in the year 2025 now. Probably way easier and cheaper to repair the time circuits there than in 1885. ;)

I could have easily come up with a better explanation and here is that explanation:

When Biff stole the time machine in 2015 and gave the almanac to Young Biff, the alternate reality was created. So Biff traveled back to 2015 and now here's where it gets tricky. He should have gone to an alternate 2015. At that moment Temporal Duplication took effect causing Old Biff to go to the REAL 2015 and another Delorean to go to the Alternate 2015. When they went back in time and burned the almanac, it changed the future back to normal. But remember Doc says it will change everything without anyone noticing so the environment changed around the Alternate Time Machine leaving it in the REAL 2015. So it was in existence in the future.

I like my explanation better :P

Again, people assume that 2015 wasn't changing around Marty, Doc, and Jennifer. It was, we just didn't notice it because by the time time started changing, they weren't able to see the McFlys fading out because they didn't live there any more.

They MIGHT not live there anymore. We never saw it. The timeline changed around Marty, Jennifer, Doc and Einstein. The ripple effect started acting when Biff got back.

I don't believe in two separate "alternate" and "real" timelines, but just a rewritten one.

Again, people assume that 2015 wasn't changing around Marty, Doc, and Jennifer.

and Einstein

Can someone tell me if the game needs a good PC ?
well Ive beaten it twice now and plain to play it again i have had it run on high both times but had lots of lag so ill try med. and low if your pc's kind of slow or whatever low might be the best setting. Edited by Doc-Holliday-

Yes! Just convinced my mom to buy this for me! :w00tdance: Downloading now!! :D

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm. I registered for the "Free Episode 1", and we all know that they said it won't be available till Feb., right???. Well why did i get an email that said "your game is available for download now". I downloaded it, and everything is cool. Everyone that registered for the free game should check their emails.

this game was short... the modeling was a little shotty... story was slow through the most part I even though I did something wrong at the end of the game :D overall the game was decent and marty actually looked kinda cute

Just finished the first episode. Not a bad game so far. Curious as to where the next episode will go. Definitely not as bad as the NES game. The NES Game is a piece of s**t that's a horrible abomination to mankind!

Edited by Daniel

well, the same year apparently as the videos at the end of the game show :D

edit: anyone snooped in the game's files yet, i found all the episode shortcut icons and some concept art...

Edited by Rave

The game has some ugly seams during cutscenes, but otherwise runs flawless.

Core i5 2.53Ghz

4GB RAM

NVidia GeForce GT330M 512MB/Intel HD 288MB