Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Dragon King

The flux capacitor and time travel

Please discuss how the flux capacitor may allow time travel.

Questions to consider:

What technology is possibly used?

What is that electrical current flowing through the tubes?

How does it start/finish the time displacement?

Hmm, interesting questions. Hmm need to think about that. I'm kinda scientific so that should be possible for me to awnser :P. But ohwell. I still need to think about it. Perhaps this is something I won't know inmediately :P

Hmm, interesting questions. Hmm need to think about that. I'm kinda scientific so that should be possible for me to awnser :P. But ohwell. I still need to think about it. Perhaps this is something I won't know inmediately :P

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

oh man emo thats the first time youv actually made me laugh.

i cant think of any realistic wasy as to how the delorean time travels. and by that i mean there is absolutely no f***ing way to explain why 88 miles per hour is the magical speed that for some reason can tear the fabric of the universe. everything else could be rationally theorised but the 88 thing is completely insane

I smell a very large angelo's answer...

ROFL

There are many things you can think of how the Flux Capacitor works. It's Sci-Fi after all.

In my own belief (I'll make this as brief as possible lol), the Flux Capacitor is some kind of converter that turns (1.21 gigawatts of) electricity to some blue plasma sh*t that, if dense enough, can rip through space-time and create a wormhole. This blue plasma I'm talking about is the blue stuff the wormhole emitter projects to its front to time travel (and the thing you guys so call "wormhole" in the mod).

And this sounds like a new good idea for a feature: how about a killer (literally-speaking) wormhole for the mod? lol

Because the SCM tells it to.... How the hell should I know?

Doc could have taken a faster car then, to make sure it does the time travel good enough. Can't imagine how would stainless steel help in this all, unless things get a lot older when travelling through time, and then the car would come out rusty.. No wait, it wouldn't.

Edited by RG

3 reasons why he didn't buy a faster car

1. "The way I see it, if you're gonna build a time machine into a car, why not do it with some style?"

2. He probably don't have enough money to buy a more expensive vehicle.

3. The DeLorean is probably the most time machine-convertable and -compatible back in 1980's. Come to think of it, Doc may have already predicted the time machine freezing after re-entry via the atmospheric moisture. Not only it would help the "flux dispersal" in some way or sh*t, it wouldn't rust at all.

I agree with Grim. 88 was the sufficient speed to pass through the wormhole.

1. There were cars that look better than the DeLorean, and drove faster, just they didn't have gull-wing doors.

2. There were cars that look better than the DeLorean, and drove faster and cost less.

3. You mean 1985, and what do you mean by the most time machine-convertable/compatible? He could have taken a 4x4 pickup truck as well, those have plenty of space and they can do high speeds if really needed.

So you edited your post. So am I. Look at this post as a reply to Angelo's post before editing. :P

Edited by RG

1. Doc probably likes gull wing doors because it's futuristic. (it's futuristic to me, too)

2. True, but Doc may not have known about those vehicles before he bought the DeLorean at around 1981.

3. A 4x4 pick-up would contradict my 1st and 3rd reasons. Yes, it has a lot of space in the back, but how about space inside? Doc would need space for the buttons, switches, gauges, time circuitry and Flux Capacitor, wouldn't he? Also, having Marty as a friend and a good time travel companion, he'll also need the passenger's seat so he wouldn't dare get rid of it for the sake of space. :P

I forgot my fourth reason: The ontological paradox -- Doc learned from the future Marty that he'll choose the DeLorean anyway. So the reason to choose the DeLorean came from the future Marty, which came from Doc, which came from the future Marty...........etc.

Like DeLorean had plenty of space inside :P All the wiring stuff was in the back, with the hood taken off., t.i. outside.

Edited by RG

The same can be the said for the truck. The DeLorean would still be the best choice for Doc, though. What would you choose? Some un-stylish truck, or a wider not-so-fast-but-fast-enough racing car with futuristic doors?

For time travelling, which is the main reason, a pickup. For showing off, the main reason of movie, the DeLorean.

dont forget most cars didn't have conductive bodies, the delorean did. doc needed a way for the delorean to not be damaged by the amount of energy created by the creation of the wormhole. also a delorean has that time machine look about it and also reminds you of a plane. it also was a little out of its time (something thats good for for a time machine)

dont forget most cars didn't have conductive bodies, the delorean did. doc needed a way for the delorean to not be damaged by the amount of energy created by the creation of the wormhole.

That would explain the whole "Besides, the stainless steel construction makes the flux dispersal..." Doc tried explaining to Marty before the DeLorean re-entered.

the thing is the majority of faster cars are made out of fiberglass, not exactly something you want to use to build a time machine.

Sign in to follow this