Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Crysis Delorean in SA

Its actually a converted version of the VC version which was a converted version of the NSF4 one which was a conversion of the MM2 one.

That's like making a copy of a copy of a copy. Eventually there's going to be so much dataloss that it looks like crap (ie: SA). Or maybe I not, since I don't know the fundamentals of model conversion, but I do know that happens with video conversion.

Edited by Joe Statler

actually, not really. In the middle of the VC process, Carlos found the original 3d source models for the delorean and has been using that ever since. Along with that, he found a larger texture for the body, which is why it looks crispier than the original silver007 deloreans.

But my point was that, the delorean was not made for VC. It was made for MM2, which is little bit older (2000)

Wow, someone reconverted the SA Delorean back to MM2....except they used the crap model. Do you know about this on Carlos? Its apparently the one that came with the minimod that was released before I left.

delo.jpg

http://www.mm2x.com/page.php?name=Download...&cid=78#cat

But as I was saying, this was what it looked like in mm2

DMC.jpg

hmm...why do the shadows look better as well as the lights compared to VC....and what happened to our rear lights? Thats exactly what I wanted in GTASA, but the model we have isn't split up........

There's one part of me who says: Put this Crysis Delorean in SA and VC with "better" texture for the outside! But the other part says: Isn't that a huge poly count? Would that excally fit in?

Oh and @Blue: What ya mean with the the rear lights?

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

There's one part of me who says: Put this Crysis Delorean in SA and VC with "better" textures for outdated engines that don't know what shaders are for the outside! But the other part says: Isn't that a huge poly count? Would that excally fit in?

Oh and @Blue: What ya mean with the the rear lights?

correction

one thing I noticed with the Crysis Delorean was because of its clean textures, it looked like just another (higher detailed) SA car.

I didn't know about this conversion, but that's before the 0.2D model and it's giving credit, so I'm gonna let it pass. Speaking of the textures for the night headlights, I still have all that from 4 years ago, if you need them. Oh, and the shadows look better in MM2 because it was part of the model, just like a tire or a door.

I really want to start with those new DeLoreans, looking at the awesome and extensive detail seen in this model (and yeah, I'm green with envy :P:o ), but my nights have been used for Real Life® issues :( . I hope to continue next week after I fix my other PC.

hope it all goes well. I was hoping tirido's model would spur you into action ;), but rl takes priority of course. I've taken breaks because of it as well.

Seeing how much detail you put into your trains, I really am looking forward to your models. And what headlight textures do you speak of? I was also talking about the rear lights how the running lights in the back and how they were on (and I know just how to implement them in SA)

Its kind of funny how for that model, it went MM2->NFS->GTA->MM2. Full circle :lol:

About the lights, I meant all night textures (MM2 TGA), with rear, marker and head lights on. The bad thing is, all textures are treated to look nice at night. It's not something hard to fix, but it won't look the same.

ah, ok. For gta, I have to incorporate the textures into the actual model, where each mapping is then triggered to be either on or off, but I see what you mean by the night textures.

After talking to tirido, The delorean does indeed have grooves....but it doesn't show on the SA model because GTA does not support normal mapping (which sucks).

DeLorean_Final_02.jpg

And the black interior is due to some mesh coloring issues that I can fix easily.

DeLorean_Final_04.jpg

Nice, I'm still amazed by how good that model looks in Crysis.

By the way, do you have permission to include this in our mod? Or is this just for personal use?

He said before it's just for him to mess with, for now.

But wow, you can actually see the texture of the steering wheel. Cracks and everything.

Thats normal mapping. Without it, it looks flat (like in the SA conversion) If we were to model that, I bet the model would be over 1M Polies.

Nice, I'm still amazed by how good that model looks in Crysis.

By the way, do you have permission to include this in our mod? Or is this just for personal use?

Thanks Mike :) Yes, i would be very happy if my model will be a part of this mod.

Great job so far Blue, I'm still impressed that SA engine can handle this high poly model. But it requires some texture work to add all these details to diffuse maps.

By the way, as you said looks like there is an aspect ratio problem on those screenshots, car looks a little bit squashed.

Thanks Mike :) Yes, i would be very happy if my model will be a part of this mod.

Great job so far Blue, I'm still impressed that SA engine can handle this high poly model. But it requires some texture work to add all these details to diffuse maps.

By the way, as you said looks like there is an aspect ratio problem on those screenshots, car looks a little bit squashed.

Yeah, SA only supports 4:3 or 16:9 ratios (yet allow resolutions using other ratios). I'm on a 16:10 monitor, which is why they are squashed.

As for the textures, there are only 4 textures GTA uses

-Color

-Alpha

-Reflection

-Specular

I can however play around with the ambient, specular, and diffuse for the color maps, so I might do that and learn a bit more on how they work. I'm still having a few issues with the decals disappearing sometimes into the mesh of the time circuits and the control switch.

got transparency working on the coils now. Darn dds files, lol. But I do like them better for storing texture info then txds. On to the rest of the transparency stuff.

gta_sa2009-12-1612-00-58-02.png

gta_sa2009-12-1612-01-23-38.png