:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
ace2029

He's back...from the future!

Ace , you can try to model the Lion Estates welcome sign ?

I don't know if it's already done ....

I already said, makes more sense for Liam to do those since he already has a lion model he can use on it.

Well ace being back on the team, wouldn't liam be able to share the model files to him and let him edit it, or does liam take too much pride in his work to allow that to happen.

The lion model had a high, high poly count, I posed and sculpted it for the gargoyles and then had too strip it down to basics to get in the game. The low poly version can't be posed so it would have to be done from scratch.

Well ace being back on the team, wouldn't liam be able to share the model files to him and let him edit it, or does liam take too much pride in his work to allow that to happen.

I don't know about Liam, but I think there shouldn't be too man people working on one specific thing. In this case I'd prefer it if Ace made it from scratch, but that's my opinion :P.

Look, let's not go down the road of specific people doing specific modelling tasks. We're all in this together after all, and I'm more than happy to model whatever needs done.

As such, I'm going to continue with the Peabody farm, which I started some time ago. I fully intend to work with the rest of the team to decide on the best way forward; modelling by committee is not.

I believe that a project like this relies on collaboration and people pooling their talents to make the best they can.

Just my £2 worth.

Andy

Generic Houses eh? Hmm I could be of some help on that one. :)

Why in the world did you bump a 10 months old topic?

Whoops, I haven't been online in a while, Don't ever remember seeing this one. my mistake.

Wait, 10 month old topic? i remember it, but then where has ace been? :P

And uhhh, generic houses... i modeled one in cinema 4d with the reference liam gave me. was i supposed to texture that house liam? or was it the windmill? Sorry, life intervened, and i had to move twice and yadda yadda. Happy to do more though.

Ace has been busy for the last year mate. Real life etc, seems to take a hold. What with a massive overload of work, dislocated ankles and meeting the woman of my dreams, it's been an incredibly busy, challenging, yet rewarding time.

I'm glad to see that things are going well here though, and progress is still being made. I would like to get involved again, if that would be ok with other members. I know I've been out of the saddle for a while, but I'm really keen to get stuck in again.

Andy

Dude, you will always be welcomed on the team ;) In other news, We found out that models can go higher than 2000 polies. So if you still have the version of the Drive-in Snack bar you originally sent me, that would be great when you can.... I can get back to work as I've been bored :P

@the rest of the forum: DO NOT ATTACK HIM WITH REQUESTS!!!!

Also, congratulations with finding the women of your dreams!!! I split with mine :P So are your ankles better now?

Oh cool, what's the limit for the polys per model?

I'll have a look around my old files mate and see if I can find that snack bar, I'm sure it's hanging around in the vents somewhere ;)

Ah sorry to hear about your split mate :( The ankle is still hurting but I can walk on it, probs be another 6 months before its back to normal lol...wish I could go back in time and not do it!

Andy

70,000 is the poly limit. The col file can only be 2100 polies. Which was why it caused a crash. I'm not sorry about it.... Couldn't be happier!!! Only the important buildings get details..... Such as the Court House, school, Doc's Mansion ETC.

Welcome back Ace.

Never heard of you Ace, but welcome back, nice to meet you :) So you model? Awesome! Snack Bar, is that bttf related :P Anyways congrats on meeting the girl of your dreams :D I hope your ankles feel better :(

DK, your profile pic scared me, lol

Edited by TheCoolest2

Woops, :P I saw mapping artist and wrote texture :facepalm:

Look, let's not go down the road of specific people doing specific modelling tasks. We're all in this together after all, and I'm more than happy to model whatever needs done.

[...]

I believe that a project like this relies on collaboration and people pooling their talents to make the best they can.

Just my £2 worth.

Andy

Just to clarify my point:

I knew the mess we have with the script for the game, because multiple people (including me) fiddle around in it, add code they think that's the best and remove other code that seems to be wrong or useless. This way bugs appear in the code and that's what I hope to prevent for the models with my suggestion.

There's tons of models to do and I'm afraid that if two or more people work on the same, they're not 100% happy with what the other has done to it, thus edit it and things go wrong that then need to be fixed. And this might result in longer time to get the model finished, or the model looking odd because of different modeling styles.

I did not mean to offend your skills or kick you out of the team with my answer. I actually am happy we have you, the models you did in the past are awesome. But if that sounded like I did, them I'm sorry.

Well, I bet the October 26th deadline didn't help. You probably couldn't check your work properly with the time constraint. I'm not saying you didn't check your work; I'm just saying that you probably would have caught some of the errors if you had more time to.