:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Iced Delorean

Oooooh, does the flying one do it? :P

Neat. Looking forward to the ice models/textures. :D

well, doc didn't know it was cold until he touched it :P

Here's another explanation: Heat energy is completely absent outside the universe, where the DeLorean travels to to time travel, thus the reason why the outer shell of the DeLorean freezes (well, mostly). The thing is, heat energy INSIDE the DeLorean remains because the walls and doors of the DeLorean keep it from escaping to the outside. So little or no freezing occurs inside.

If CJ/Marty does feel the coldness, it would've been different -- they would be frozen along with anything else inside instead of just feeling cold. What I've said here makes me think that time traveling with one or two of the doors open is dangerous. :lol:

The thing is, heat energy INSIDE the DeLorean remains because the walls and doors of the DeLorean keep it from escaping to the outside.

Doc must keep his air conditioner vents closed or have the air conditioner set on recycle. :P But then the journey through the wormhole is so instantaneous that there's not enough time for the external vacuum to suck the air out.

Edited by Joe Statler

Good point, but wait...air conditioners? Were there air-cons in the DeLorean? :huh::lol: I thought they were replaced by the time circuits and the plutonium / Mr. Fusion gauge.

Note that heat energy isn't a sort of an invisible "mist" that occupies space. It's present in and only in matter, that can be transferred to another. So if, by chance, the DeLorean travels from a time when it's hot, the DeLorean might freeze a little or not at all -- this might explain the re-entry of the fixed DeLorean in BTTF3.

And I still believe the ice that's covering the DeLorean in the movies is water vapor reacting to the extremely cold shell which then freezes on the shell. Yes, it is frozen nitrogen as a movie prop, but is it really called the same thing as a in-movie universe object/element?

the water vapor (condensation) is a good point as well. Since the experiment happened early morning when vapor does begin to form.

Edited by Joe Statler

air con? Look again. Replica, yes, but arrangement is similar.

time_machine_interior.jpg

And the plutonium gauges replaced the glovebox, not the air conditioning, lol

If your so kind to let me interrupt, I think you meaned this picture:

bttf-int-002.jpg

You could see the gauges there.

The rest's not accurate, but it was to show the gauges ;)

Edited by Evil Morning Operator

actually, no. I did not mean that picture. I was talking about the air conditioning where the time circuits are, not the gauges.

I don't need to show a picture to tell you that the gauges sit in the glovebox.

I needed a picture however to show that the controls are still there.

Well even if the vents were covered or replaced by the gauges, the defrost vents under the windshield would still work.

the only vents covered were the two where the time circuits now reside. The ones for the windows are still there.

It'd be a bad idea to have a TM where I live. The temperature gets up to 120­­° F and the humidity gets up to 70% in the summer time (almost as bad as a South American rain forest).

the only vents covered were the two where the time circuits now reside. The ones for the windows are still there.

I wonder if doc enclosed the leads to those vents or left them open to keep the circuitry in the TC display from overheating.

Edited by Joe Statler

@Angelo: Wouldn't it be simplier to say that the reactor has a 99% Efficiency? That would explain the loss of kinetic energy.

gta_sa2009-11-1620-27-04-22.png

remember, the steam will eventually be moved to the bttf1 delorean whenever thats coming, so for now, its just eye candy ^^

so, it only worked for me on the first re-entry. the one that spawns it.

hey blue, its file 75 right? it still doesnt work :(

eh, i'm sorry. i know i did it right because i frequently install source codes, and i deleted the cleo folder too.

Does it work for anyone else??

now it just crashes during loading. i'll try a fresh install.

ok, so after a fresh install it got to the end of the load bar then just closed. no error message, nothin.

:(

Sign in to follow this