bluespace88

VC or SA

VC or SA  

73 members have voted

1. 1. VC or SA

• VC
    • SA

That would also be an idea for me...

Buying an other copy of SA since I lost mine cray.gif.

The main reason I suggested that this should stay on VC is because, its better to have all the team working on one game, instead of only half workig on each.

I know its only blue working on the mini-mod for now, but because there is a lot of progress, I can't help but think that the team would get so excited about it being on SA, that they would compleatly forget about VC :cry2:

Well, think about it, all the work has already been done for VC, it's just map models now, which can easily be converted between both VC and SA. So, if we ever get that far, it would make sense to have two versions, so as not to let all the work on the VC version go to waste.

I didn't know how far along the VC mod was though. I knew all the necessary coding was done, but as for everything else, I was just guessing :P

Like Mike said, the mainstream BTTF mod has gone through so much, and the SA engine has become mod-friendlier than before, that it's hard to imagine this being completely transferred to the SA engine nor this remaining in the VC engine forever. Having 2 versions of the mod is more likely than having just the mod for only one engine.

technically, both engines are the same.

RenderWare engine, to be precise. It's one of the most common type of engines used by game developers other than R*.

and vc because its easier to mod

SA ain't harder to mod than VC, just that there are more modding possibilities, and it takes a lot of time to mod it. Speaking of which, I really don't know why people consider stuff that takes long to do as being hard when it really isn't.

RenderWare engine, to be precise. It's one of the most common type of engines used by game developers other than R*.

SA ain't harder to mod than VC, just that there are more modding possibilities, and it takes a lot of time to mod it. Speaking of which, I really don't know why people consider stuff that takes long to do as being hard when it really isn't.

True. Sims 3 and Burnout do use it.

i have less problem to put something to SA than VC, in VC they always somethings wrong

precisely. I never had GTA:SA crash on me for any reason other then wrong coding.

VC's getting the occasional crash on startup and occasional one on conversion and once from model loading errors from the city itself, not the mod

The VC's engine becomes a resource hog when you start modding it, so only those who have high-end or "stable" PCs have few problems with it (few, meaning they still encounter problems). SA only becomes unstable if you try to treat it like it's a Crysis engine.

It'd be like cycling backwards through treacle! No matter how high end your PC goes!

Cycling, this gives me an idea...

Should try some when once the SA mod is that far to have good effects released to pick a bike and jump off a building having aligned the TCs to it, lol.

precisely. I never had GTA:SA crash on me for any reason other then wrong coding.

VC's getting the occasional crash on startup and occasional one on conversion and once from model loading errors from the city itself, not the mod

I only get it to crash half the time when I alt tab out.

I only get it to crash half the time when I alt tab out.

That's probably because you have a high-end or "stable" PC, like what I've said in my previous post.

Turning an old game to a resource hog and forcing people who wants to play your mod to buy better PCs would be considered a con in modding.

How's this sound, we have two teams at once.

One team will focus on the missions and maps for Vice City. While the other codes and works on models in San Andreas. Then when all of Vice City is complete, then can come and help with the map mods for San Andreas.

Sign in to follow this