Sign in to follow this  
Mike

Should We Keep The Nth Dimension?

Should We Keep The Nth Dimension?  

59 members have voted

1. 1. Should We Keep The Nth Dimension?

• Yes Let's keep it
    • No Let's remove it, it's a small feature and waste of coding space

Poll as per title, should we remove the Nth dimension feature from future versions of the mod?

This is a 30-40 line feature that doesn't really have any particular purpose, unless you like driving blind.

Please remove it. It could later pose a problem when trying to escape from the lybians in future versions when it becomes an actual mission.

By the looks of it, it ain't a "small feature". If it was, you wouldn't be calling it a "waste of coding space" in the first place. :P

I agree, remove it. You guys are gonna remove the non-canon DMC13 time machine, right? So why can't we remove another code-wise big non-canon feature "that doesn't really have any particular purpose"?

Remove it, it is fun, but other features are more important. You can get the same effect by launching a smoke grenade in your room anyway.

Remove, never seen why it was neccesary to be in the mod in the first place.

Yeah that's true, but i never liked it anyways :P.

Well I'm sure you cqan't just remove the 30-40 lines alone. you also need to worry about the error system. I think that it should have been if you damage the car too much the time circuits fail but then there's the same problem with the Lybian chase. It's pretty much down to the lybian chase.

Meh it was fun to try to get to Doc's garage from beach :lol:

Edited by -RG-

I already wanted to suggest that to you, too but was afraid you'd smack me, but as it seems, there was no reason for me to be afraid xD.

Even thought its only theoretical, I don't think thats what the Nth Dim. would look like! It was more like the Twilight zone :lol:

And it did nothing but annoy ppl. ;)

I wonder who owns that lone vote for "Keep it" :lol:

Edited by -RG-

Keep it ! It's a interesting feature ! A lot of missions can be make with it !

EDIT :

Or You can maybe make it as an Add-on ?

Edited by Microman

I say get rid of it, but keep the Time Circuit scrambling thing

That was the plan, remove Nth dimension but keep the scrambled time circuits when damaged.

Sweetness, and on top of that, I get to keep my IFT (thanks Jay), Now, if you'll excuse me *dances like Doc in the firetrails*

Ok folks, an update of sorts, the following have been removed from the mod:

Nth dimension

Beeper

Location circuits

DMC-13

Ride Mission

Tutorial Mission

Before anyone complains about the missions we are already thinking of missions we can add to replace these. Hopefully they will be missions which we don't have to weave into the time travel code in order to make it work...

yay i didnt like the dmc-13 :P

Oh come on, Location Circuits and the DMC-13 are a part of this mod. Sure they aren't direct to the movies, but we don't have the full maps and missions yet. Why can't we have fun with them now, and then remove them in the future? It's not really needed to get rid of them, they are fun and useful. When we get into exact realism, then I would pull them, but we aren't there yet.

I agree with Ronnyboy *sighs*

sure the DMC-13 isn't movie accurate, but Vice City is also, not movie accurate.

Since this space acquired by removing the DMC-13 features won't (as far as I know) be used by a new feature in 0.2f, where is the requirement of removing it right now?

Sign in to follow this