:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
RG

Goldie Wilson III for Wilson Hover-Conversion Systems

Hi friends, Goldie Wilson III for Wilson Hover-Conversion Systems. You know, when my grandpa was mayor of Hill Valley, he had to worry about traffic problems. But now, you don't have to worry about traffic! I'll hover-convert your old road car into a skyway flyer. For only $39,999.95. So come on down and see me, Goldie Wilson III, at any one of our 29 convenient locations. Remember, keep 'em flying.

Our friend Dragon King just asked me to think about coding it in, that the DeLorean needs to be hover converted.

This would mean after having built a BTTF2 DeLorean in Doc's Garage it would not be able to fly, you'd need to drive it in an extra garage somewhere in Vice City (later on in Hill Valley, of course) to have it converted for a price of $39,999.95, this will also mean that you need to have this money before you can order it at Wilson Hover-Conversion Systems (the mentioned garage).

At first I thought "And why can we decide between the DeLoreans at Doc's garage then, if they are the same?", but I forgot Mr. Fusion.

Now I want your opinions, should that be implemented in future versions?

The idea's perfect. +1 to the author of idea

Inserted comment by Mini-Me:

Due to a mistake of IP.Board the first post of this topic moved downwards, please see here: <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Edited by Mini-Me
Added snapback; Poll locked.

It maybe a neat idea, but I think we should leave this until we have the appropriate map in place.

I'd say go for it. I was also thinking about the money necesary to convert a DeLorean into a time machine, but maybe it'd take away some fun factor. Maybe not in this next version, but we will need it, eventually.

I also agree with Mike, but maybe we can use a placeholder location for that until we get the proper map.

i think that a pay and spray could be used as the hover conversions (the sign could be changed aswell)

can you convert any car there (like someone else suggested, apart from btt1 and 3 del)

Edited by Grim Reaper1666

Yeah pay'n'spray's a good place, it's spread all over the city and who use's it anyway..

I'd say its a good idea even if its only for one version but then taken out to make way for more important stuff :rolleyes:

Heres an idea to get around the whole coding space problem that you probably wont like but I'll say it anyway; :D

Why not have two different game installs (Gimme a chance here...)

One of them has all the features in it (which includes all the ones that were taken out such as kitt and fuel and anyothers) and just have that without missions.

But then also have a Stand alone game with all the missions you can fit into it, but with limited features like Timetravel and hover conversions, that you can do between missions like normal VC was.

What do you think? :huh:

*cough*

{image}

Yes Mini-Me, mine is exactly the same, I also have twelve installs of SA for the damn mini-mod :lol:

Guest Rave

so a code that disables flighing mode untill you buy it and possibly you could buy mr fusion?

possibly you could buy mr fusion?

Changing the TM (e.g. from BTTF1 to BTTF2)

2092.gif

:)

Nice idea for the Pay'n'sprays and for the prices of the DeLoreans !

Edited by Microman

I really think that the hover conversion should only be at one garage. It doesn't seem likely that Wilson would have more than one in Hill Valley, which is supposed to be a mid-sized town.

yes, for the conversion of the BTTF1 to BTTF2 should be a price. after all was Fusion Industries Work

I really don't think that doc would have wanted someone else to work on his TM other than himself. He probably installed the hover components and the Mr. Fusion himself.

Edited by Nikaido

Yes. but Doc has to bought Mr.fusion after all. installed for Fusion Industries or him. it will be more real that Mr.Fusion has a price

Don't forget that Doc would also have to make space for the Mr. Fusion Unit. So, basically this is becoming like this:

1. BTTF1 Delorean travels to 2015

2. BTTF1 Delorean goes to Fusion Industries (garage or something) and buys Mr. Fusion Unit (and loads the BTTF2 Delorean model) but can't fly yet

3. Now the BTTF2 Non-Flying Delorean has to get hover-converted at the Goldie Wilson III thingy for about $4000.

Sounds like a good idea. It also kinda gives an objective. It doesn't make the game as easy as it is now. So now, if this scenario were true, then Doc's Garage shouldn't be able to spawn the BTTF2 Delorean, only BTTF1 and BTTF3.

Anybody think this is a good idea?

Uhmmm, no. It looks too much like an ice cream factory and wouldn't fit.

And changing models in VC is not what I want, at least not such a big change.

Probably removing a false garage door from a building would be ok, but not restyling a whole bulding for that.

EDIT:

Note: Before you think the last option in the third question looses, keep in mind that it will count triple!

Despite the votes I made in these polls, gameplay-wise it would be BEST to not have any of the prices. If you finished all of the missions and unlocked free-roam, where and how the f*ck can you earn the money to buy the hover conversion and sh*t? Seriously, adding price to a time machine conversion would make it look commercialized. Also note that 20th century money doesn't apply to all eras so if you were to implement these price ideas, you'll also have to implement a different-types-of-money feature. Another waste of code. :)

Note: Before you think the last option in the third question looses, keep in mind that it will count triple!

But the thing is, the votes count 2. Triple it, and it will be 6. It still loses. LOL :P

It will need to reach a number of 9 or more votes before it will win over all of the options, unless one of the mods/admins changes the # of votes and brings up the same OVER 9000 votes joke again.

My reply to you is that we could have marty buy property in the eras just like in regular GTA Games and he can earn money that way. And maybe have a replay feature that allows you to repeat missions in free-roam.