Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
SLNevitt

Other Selves

WAIT BEFORE YOU LOCK THIS THREAD lol

What about - if during a mission - theoretically speaking - it were possible to say have a cut scene (like in the main mission already in game) to somehow show something from the film when they are both there; like Marty sneaking past the car at the 1955 dance for example- if it was a cut scene surely the skin could be 'doubled' or however its done?

I dont mean to have other selves in the sense that if you do something in jan 1st 1955, and then go back to that event you would see youself do it, which I know cant be done... :)

well it will need to be implemented for the mission where marty takes out biff's goons (bttf2)

I have a suggestion (if its possible, if not, then ignore this)

the plane just passes straight through u on the game, what about implanting a similar code for other selves?

Like Go-1-min-to-the-past-and-watch-yourself-time-travel? Not possible no matter what because of game issues, because Vice City is a miserable whiny the big friendly giant who wont let you do anything, kinda like my mom.

I have a suggestion (if its possible, if not, then ignore this)

the plane just passes straight through u on the game, what about implanting a similar code for other selves?

If possible that would be great I think - but say only after time travel missions have been completed. Like with the lightning run, ONLY after having completed it, would it be possible to see a 'ghost' version of you in the car at 10:03 driving down to the wire if you were to go back and see it... But a 'pre-recorded' type thing so every time you watch it you will always see the same thing? Or is that too much?

But I like what you said OouieBTTF :)

Yeah that's doable, but the wheels wont spin

Like with the lightning run, ONLY after having completed it, would it be possible to see a 'ghost' version of you in the car at 10:03 driving down to the wire if you were to go back and see it

I suggested that to Del on the Moddb forums.

kinda like that, but if u go back in time to see yourself go back in time, u could go up 2 yourself and just walk through him, like the plane, and nothing from earlier would be affected

but a recording thingy would probly have to be planted in the game

kinda like that, but if u go back in time to see yourself go back in time, u could go up 2 yourself and just walk through him, like the plane, and nothing from earlier would be affected

but a recording thingy would probly have to be planted in the game

Regardless of being able to walk through yourself, I still think it would be a good addition to the game just for 'more' of a sense of 'realism' lol - because the idea of this mod is the concept of time travel, and it would be cool :)

If you want realism the walking through yourself wouldn't be possible. Because two of the same matter can't exist in the same place. So if you walk through yourself the matter your made up of would no longer exist. (ie: Senator Aaron McComb in TIMECOP) So maybe a wasted screen would be a better choice.

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

If you want realism the walking through yourself wouldn't be possible. Because two of the same matter can't exist in the same place. So if you walk through yourself the matter your made up of would no longer exist. (ie: Senator Aaron McComb in TIMECOP) So maybe a wasted screen would be a better choice.

lol that was a good film :) - but for the game, I still personally think it would be good to have two of yourself in it - but thats just my opinion...

besides, the game can be realistic but other sleves may have to be compromised on, so there cant be any realism in other selves

At least we would have it, it'll make interesting game-play

Yeah that's doable, but the wheels wont spin

Well, that's wrong.

u could go up 2 yourself and just walk through him, like the plane

nope, we would need to waste another object for it with an empty col.

nope, we would need to waste another object for it with an empty col.

Are you saying that you could make a situation repeat itself, like the lightning run? But instead of it all being 'ghosted' out like at the airport, the objects will be physically in place? Is that a possibility?

Well, not really repeat. We could leave it drive from where you started to where it "took off". If you e.g. slow down on your way, the other car wouldn't. It would drive in a direct line on the paths to the target.

that just would look boring and stupid (no offense)

i still like the idea of plane code in other selves, it could look like u were doing what u were doing before and still have it in

Well, it would be the same as I posted above only with a col-free car.

Okay - I was thinking this but its probably TOO much - If it would still be possible to show the unghosted scene of you time travelling through the lightning, that is, the driving from the start line down towards the connecting point and finally time travelling.

If its possible to have it so that the car is physically there with you inside - is there any possibility of making it so that if you interfer, and the car DOESNT time travel - then a paradox happens and the game sorts of 'reloads' itself with you in a new starting point, would that be a feasible idea?

I suggest this idea of paradox only in this particular scene, where it is not you but another person - and almost like a 'failing' a mission type of idea which is if you mess up and disturb the time travel.

What do you think? lol

Having Marty in the DeLorean would be hard if not impossible and most likely VERY crashy...cool idea about the Paradox though.

Having Marty in the DeLorean would be hard if not impossible and most likely VERY crashy...cool idea about the Paradox though.

thankyou thankyou :P - Couldnt you just do a thingy like with Einstein? Afterall, Marty would only need to be made so that he is driving the car forward and not turning it at all - but I know nothing about coding/modelling or how any of this works - so good luck with whatever you decide :)

I'd still refer to have the AI re-do the missions you've completed in a way that it won't exactly duplicate what you did, but just re-do them in a more accurate, error-free way -- since we are dealing with AI of a very old engine, making it do some more human-type errors, like having the De Lorean turn left and right during the lightning run instead of a straight drive, would be hard.

I remember suggesting to Del about having the AI re-do the missions you've finished during free-roam mode (an unlockable mode after finishing all missions in the final version of the mod), but I can't remember now what he said about it. With this, you can return back to the moment during the time of the mission and see yourself and the past selves of the others who were involved in the mission through a third-person point of view and, if possible, even do something to screw up with what's happening, causing a potential paradox.

I'd still refer to have the AI re-do the missions you've completed in a way that it won't exactly duplicate what you did, but just re-do them in a more accurate, error-free way -- since we are dealing with AI of a very old engine, making it do some more human-type errors, like having the De Lorean turn left and right during the lightning run instead of a straight drive, would be hard.

I agree with that 100%, but also if you say drove in the way and pushed the 'AI-delorean' out of the way so that it CAN'T time travel by 10:04 - then the screen should show up a different screen or something and cause a paradox, and you should 'reset' in a new time/place or w/e lol... - I'm sure thats doable, if not please forgive my ignorance :)

but also if you say drove in the way and pushed the 'AI-delorean' out of the way so that it CAN'T time travel by 10:04 - then the screen should show up a different screen or something and cause a paradox

:)

The screen should be something like:

PARADOX!!!

Then the game crashes (lol)

But seriously, the paradox would be cool, but if you cant remember where your past-self has been, then there is always a potential paradox in crossing paths with yourself. The thing about my idea is that it is paradox-free!